- Dr. W. Edwards Deming – The BeginningThe Deming Method of Quality Service Management is the DNA of the entire ICFAU Funeral College, Dr. Deming is a household word in Japan, because he alone was the catalyst behind the incredible success of Japanese industry. Primary to the Deming Method is the quality is not perception, The Deming Method will teach you how to identify, label, measure, implement and create true quality services within your funeral home and cemetery. This introduction to the Deming Method focuses on the “Spontaneous Attitude of Management.” We’ll build from this beginning point. Word of caution: No big egos from this point on. Check the egos at the front door when you come in.
- The Cycle of Professionalism in Management
In this session, we we’ll expand on the Deming Method with discussions on :
- What do you believe about the funeral profession?
- What is your creed that guides you decisions?
- What is your mission in the funeral home?
- What is your view of education for self-improvement?
- What are your procedures and actions as to how service is provided?
- What is your personal level of integrity?
These are serious, no-nonsense issues to confront, but confront them we must in order to move deeper into Total Quality Service Management.